Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome!

I've just finished a Masters Degree in Literature, and so I find I am effectively underqualified to do anything in my chosen field, and overqualified to do anything else. I am also facing the joy that is marriage, and life with a husband who isn't always the cleanest guy in the world. In fact, it sometimes seems to me that the only way for me to live in a really clean environment would be to stay home and clean at all times. However, two degrees seems to make me a bit overqualified for that too!

For the moment, however, I get the pleasure of playing at housewife, as I stay home during the summer vacation. I've always been interested in mail, and so I've been sending an awful lot of it! And learning new arts and crafts to use up things I already had around, to keep my creativity up, and my spending down. This journal is to document my mail, my projects, and whatever else it seems likely an aspiring housewife might focus on.

Please, read and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from a fellow overqualified housewife!
    I have a Bachelors in English and a Masters in Renaissance Studies (emphasis on Eng. Lit., of course!), am now running a B&B in the south of France with my husband (lots of housekeeping there!), but the house does have a view of the local medieval castle, so there's a nice historical connection.
    I'm also addicted to swap-bot and am looking forward to receiving some of your lovely looking handmade envies quite soon!!
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete