Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Knitting and Crochet

It occurs to me that if I were in actuality a housewife, I would spend all day on knitting and crochet forums, discovering new techniques and patterns. I would buy knitting and crochet books to teach me the things no one else has ever taken the time to teach me, like how to actually read a pattern. I would breeze through the buildup of yarn I've accumulated after years of knitting, and turn it into kitty blankets for the Snuggles project, or scarves to donate to shelters for battered women. This, of course, when I wasn't busy looking through cookbooks and finding local fresh produce stands.

I have been knitting for years, but no one taught me more than a basic garter stitch. I've been crocheting on and off for nearly as long, though with minimal instruction. I finally bought my first yarn working books- a book on crochet basics, and one teaching me how to knit socks. If I get my lazy butt around to it, I might post progress on here, and actually join a knitting forum or some such nonsense.

We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. If you need other books, old though they may be of project ideas. I know of a place where you may be able to get them. Mom may still have some, and be willing to give a few up. Although with her eyesight failing this may be a hobby she will go to soon.

    ReplyDelete